Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Top Ten Most Romantic Books

The Romantic Novelists' Association of the UK polled its members to find out what they considered the most romantic novel ever written. The 700 member association voted Pride and Prejudice to be the Most Romantic Book of All Time!

Click here to read the whole article.

The top ten were:

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
4. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
5. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
6. Katherine by Anya Seton
7. Persuasion by Jane Austen
8. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
9. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
10. Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier

I like this list since it includes some of my favorite books. I guess I really am a romantic at heart. The only two I haven't read are Katherine and Frenchman's Creek. I'll have to put them on my "to read" list.

Thanks to the Book-a-rama blog for the link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great selection of books... Thanks for the listing...