Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Breaking Home Ties

I have several friends who have sent their kids off to college for the first time this year. I spoke with one of them recently,and she told me how hard it was to get used to not having her daughter in the house. She confided how hard it was for her and that it was much more difficult for her than for her daughter, who was having a great time at her new digs.

I thought about my friends when I saw this article about a Norman Rockwell painting that was found hidden in the wall of a Vermont home. Here are the highlighst of the story from cnn.com.

Story Highlights:
• "Breaking Home Ties" was found this year behind a wall in a Vermont home
• At $15.4 million, the painting breaks a record for Norman Rockwell at auction
• The painting's buyer chooses to remain anonymous
• Earlier buyer had made a copy and hidden the original, for which he paid $900

Read the rest of the story here.

1 comment:

Stockton Attic Insulation said...

Interesting thoughts, I really enjoyed your blog