Friday, December 30, 2005

Going Public

I'm a little nervous about going public with my blog. I sent out the address with our holiday cards that were mailed today. We didn't get it together in time for Christmas cards so they're New Years cards. That's okay. One year we sent out Thanksgiving cards so it's okay to send New Year's cards this year. I'm just glad we got them out, whew! But anyway now that some people know about my blog I'm committed to posting more. I love the idea of blogging! It's a whole new medium of communication and I'm excited to be a part of it. I'm hoping and praying it will be a way of connecting with some dear friends that I don't get to connect with very often.

I love reading blogs. It's like having a little window into a peoples lives. I've been "blogsurfing" (is that a word?) the last few weeks. There are some really good professional news and commentary blogs. But the ones that I enjoy reading the most are just regular people who post some of the mundane details of their lives such as what their kids are doing, what they're going through and what they're learning. I connect most to the "mommybloggers". It makes me feel connected to a larger community of Moms like me and relate to their day to day experiences.

Like I said, it's like having a little window into someone's life. I was thinking this morning about how Chuck and I like to walk around the neighborhood and look at houses. Many times you can get a glimpse through a front window of the interior of a house. I don't consider it snooping unless you actually stop to gawk, but a quick look through an uncurtained window provides an enjoyable glimpse into someone else's style of living.

I'm excited about blogging, excited about 2006 and looking forward to God's abounding grace and mercy for the coming year. I pray a blessing on every friend and every stranger who may come to get a little glimpse of my life. My prayer is that they get a glimpse through the window of my soul and see the love of God.

I will put links to the blogs I enjoy on my blog as soon as I figure out how to do it.

No comments: