Sunday, January 29, 2006

Confessions of a Desperate Housewife

There’s a title that should get someone’s attention, maybe even my husband’s. No, I’m not running around jumping in bed with all my neighbors’ husbands. I think this is what the show Desperate Housewives is about. I couldn’t say for sure since I’ve never actually watched it.

Since I love words and their origins and definitions, here is the definition of desperate:
1a. Driven to or resulting from a loss of hope.
1b. Having a great desire or need.

I am not a desperate housewife in the TV show sense, or in the sense of definition 1a; although at times, especially in the last few months of 2005, I’ve been tempted with hopelessness. It’s a feeling that I resist. I have a hope and His name is Jesus. I am full of hope.

The desperation I’m talking about is the one in the dictionary definition 1b. I’m full of desire for more of God. I’m hungry for Truth and I have a great need for help from heaven. I am a Desperate Housewife.

No comments: