Friday, May 12, 2006

The Englishman

One of my good friends sent me an email letting me know that I've been slacking off on my blogging lately. I know, I know. First of all, I'm glad someone noticed. Of course I can always count on my wonderful husband to let me know that he's reading my blog and waiting for another post. I appreciate that.

Well I have no excuses, except that I'm busy teaching homeschool and driving to gymnastics. And then, I don't want to post when I'm feeling kinda bothered or discouraged. Ranting is one thing but I don't want to do it all the time. So I guess if I'm not posting I'm either extremely busy, a little down, or both. It's down to the homestretch of the school year and I'm ready for a break.

So it was a rare night off from the gym last night and Chuck and I even watched a movie together. Well I watched it all the way through and he had to leave part-way through to pick my son up from his acting class but it was nice while it lasted. We watched a movie he picked up from the library called The Englishman, with Hugh Grant, from 1995.

I was pleasantly surprised by it. I loved this movie! It was quirky, funny and had a nice message about a community pulling together for a common goal. It was based on a true story and the Celtic music was great too. I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Karie said...

I can, there's a wi-fi connection at the gym but I've been slacking.

Anonymous said...

Celtic music ? Uh, *Welsh* music. Hmph !!!!

Karie said...

Okay, sorry, enlighten me, Is it an insult to call Welsh music Celtic? It sounded Celtic to me. Can you point out the differences?