Monday, June 25, 2007

Be Thou My One

Be Thou my Love and my Compassion
my Beauty and my Truth
the One that I seek always
the Voice in my heart of hearts
the Goad in my conscience
my All-in-All.

Be Thou the Restorer of my righteousness
the Lifter of my head
the Lover of my soul
my Friend in every season
the One I want to please
the Source and Aim of all my passion
my one Desire
my Comfort in the multitude of my thoughts within me
the Straightener of my crooked paths
my All-in-All.

Be Thou My Answer to the unanswerable
my Speech to the unspeakable
my Groanings that cannot be uttered
my Crown of lovingkindness and tender mercies
my ever-present Help in time of need
my All-in-All

Be Thou my Glory and my Grace
my Boldness and my Access to the throne of grace
my One who answers when I call
my deep calling unto deep
my One who shows me great and mighty things which I do not know
the Delight of my soul
my One who wipes the tears from my eyes
my One who calls me to awake from my sleep
and gives me a lamp for my feet
my Way Out from every temptation
the one Spirit to which my spirit joins
my All-in-All.

Be Thou my Shelter from the storm
my safe Harbor from the rocky shore
my Beauty for ashes
my Oil of gladness for mourning
my Joy and my Strength
my All-in-All.

Be Thou my Healer
my Anchor of hope for the future
the Substance of all that is real and true in my life
the still small Voice within me
my Strong Tower
my One who leads me by still waters
my All-in-All.

Be Thou my Rose of Sharon
my bright and morning Star
my new Day dawning
the Giver of my daily bread
my Song in the night
my Heavenly Father in whom there is no variableness neither shadow of turning
my Rock of Ages
my life Sustainer
my Fountain of living waters
my All-in-All

Be Thou my Door of the sheepfold
my rivers of Living Water flowing out of my belly
the Fire in my bones that cannot be quenched
my burning Bush
my Ancient of Days
my Alpha and Omega
the Author and Finisher of my faith
my eternal Life
my All-in-All

Be Thou my Holy of Holies
my Sabbath Rest
my High Priest and Passover Lamb
my new and living Way
my Peace that passes all understanding
my Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I can ask or think
my Love that never fails
my All-in-All


Copyright 2007 by K. Masterson

No comments: