Thursday, May 17, 2007

Farewell



Tuesday was a sad night for me. No, it wasn't about saying goodbye to another American Idol contender, or the presidential candidates debate. The sad event for me on Tuesday night was the airing of the final episode of The Gilmore Girls, my favorite TV show. To me it's the greatest show ever. I don't watch that much TV, but Tuesday night, when there's a new episode of Gilmore Girls, is always something to look forward to.

I like the goofy characters, the snappy dialog, the sense of community and support that comes through the town of Stars Hollow, the sense of restoration of broken family ties between Lorelai Gilmore and her mother, and the destiny of true love between Luke and Lorelai. I'm going to miss those Gilmore Girls!

Here's a quote from tvsquad.com's Joel Keller, that echoes my sentiments:

"I've been a fan of this show since the second season, and, recent flaws and all, I'm going to miss it dearly. Thanks to Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop, Keiko Agena, Edward Hermann, Melissa McCarthy, and the rest of the cast for making Tuesday nights something to look forward to for seven years. And a special thanks goes out to Amy Sherman-Palladino for creating the warm, homey, quirky world of Stars Hollow and giving the show's stars such a river of great dialogue to say. A show as uniquely funny and emotional as Gilmore Girls won't come around for quite a long time."

No comments: