Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Mr. Wonderful Doll, does that count as news?

I know, today is Saturday, my self-proclaimed, "Karie's blog world and local news day" or something like that. I know something else; I seriously doubt that anyone but me would notice that I said it was going to be news day and I'm not writing about news. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are throngs of people out there, breathlessly waiting for my take on news stories this week. Let me know if I'm wrong, okay?

But for my own sense of saying something and sticking to it, I wish I had something on local or world news to write on. But I got nothing. The Daily News to which I subscribe has got to be the shortest newspaper in the country. But not one of the papers that are dutifully thrown on my front lawn every morning has made it out of the plastic wrap this week. Yesterday I picked about five of them, sopping wet from the sprinklers, in the garbage can. I need to cancel my subscription.

I know, you can get news online and I did see a few headlines on MSN; but I didn't click on any links to read more. I really want to be informed but I just didn't have the energy this week. I'm adjusting to a new, even more intense gymnastics schedule for my daughter, which involves four more hours a week actually at the gym and about five more hours of driving a week. I'm exhausted. My daughter, on the other hand, is bursting with energy. She amazes me.

On a completely different subject, I wanted to write more about Mr. Wonderful. No, not my husband but the doll. The Mr. Wonderful post on Chuck's birthday was kind of an inside joke. He came home from work the other day and told me about a Mr. Wonderful doll that one of his co-workers had brought to work. It's a guy doll named Mr. Wonderful. Pull the string and you hear phrases like:

Here honey, you take the remote, I'll watch anything as long as I can be with you.

I'd love to go shopping at the mall with you today; spending time with you is more important to me than watching the game today.

I just want to cuddle.

You just go sit down and relax, I've got dinner covered tonight.

No comments: