Monday, July 17, 2006

Blog Me!

I've been tagged! My friend and blogging mentor, Donna, at socalmom tagged me to do an on-line self-interview in preparation for the upcoming BlogHer Convention

BlogMe

BLOG ME SELF-INTERVIEW (See the complete list of questions here.)

When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes?

I started blogging in October 2005. I started blogging after I met Donna at my daughter's gymnastics and she told me about her blog. I actually had created a blog about a year before I started but I didn't know where to start. After seeing Donna's blog and others that she links to, I realized it was something I could do. I love to write and I've always aspired to be a writer, but I needed an outlet to get the juices going. I've also kept a journal on and off for almost thirty years or so. There's just something very appealing about blogging. I'm constantly thinking of topics to blog, or writing something in my notebook to blog about later. I'm hooked on it!

How do you use blogging to build friendships?

Well I haven't been very proactive in building on-line friendships. That's something I need to work on. I'm kind of shy. I enjoy reading other people's blogs, but so far I've mostly been lurking. I'm setting a goal right now to be more proactive about commenting on other people's blogs and promoting my own.

How would you describe your writing style?

I think it varies with my mood, but I like to either say something that will get someone to think or to laugh. I also think that the more I write the better my writing will get so I want to write more often.

How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life? Are you nervous? Will you have great expectations? What do you home to take away from the BlogHer experience?

Too bad I couldn't get it together to go to the conference. Maybe next year. I'd really like to meet more bloggers.

What don’t you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?
I try not to write anything that would hurt someone's feelings.

So soon we’re going to meet each other at BlogHer. Important question. How do you party?

I'm not much of a party type.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Great answers, Karie! I'm so glad you caught the ball and ran with it!

Karie said...

Thanks for tagging me. It was fun!