Sunday, November 05, 2006

for better or worse

That's the phrase that came to mind as I thought about writing this blog post. Okay, I'm not married to this blog but since the name of the blog is "all my ways", I guess I need to write about one of the worst things that ever happended to me. It's not something that I've been looking forward to writing about. In fact, I just want to forget about it. (Well in some ways I already have because I have no memory of the actual event.)

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. Psalm 91:15

On Thursday, October 26, around 4pm, I was involved in a serious car crash and I've been recovering since then. Chuck and Eric were out of town. They left early Thursday morning for Texas to go to a church conference. Aimee and I have a sort of tradition of going to Whole Foods for Miso Soup and Sushi before gymnastics on Thursday, so that's what we did. Then I took her to the gym and decided I should go home and put away the milk and eggs I had bought at Whole Foods.
That's pretty much the last thing I remember before I woke up in the car with all kinds of strange things going on. The first thing I noticed was the cracked windshield. Then I noticed that both of the airbags were hanging deflated out of the steering wheel and dash board. It was like I had been somewhere else for a while. I have a vague memory of a place with bright colors and flowers. But the place I woke up to wasn't nearly so pleasant. My head hurt and I realized it was bleeding.

To make a long story short, (just as well because a lot of the details are fuzzy)... Okay, I have to go, I'll finish this post later with Part Two. But don't worry, I'm okay.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh my God, Karie!! I'm glad you concluded that post with the fact that you're OK -- but still... with all the driving we do this is one of the things I always worry about, because everything can change in an instant. (Ironic that this happened so close to home after all the distance driving you had been doing to get to gyms before switching).

I'm so glad that Aimee was safely at the gym when it happened - but for this to occur when Chuck was away...

OK. I'll stop now. I know you will write up the rest of the story when you are up to it. I'm just glad you're OK.