Saturday, January 21, 2006

busy weekend

I'm just not up to writing about quantum physics this morning. I'm busy getting my house ready for some very special guests tonight. My cousin and her husband are in town from New Orleans and they are coming over for dinner tonight. I haven't seen my cousin in years and I'm really looking forward to seeing her. They've had a rough few months with Katrina forcing them to evacuate their home in New Orleans and then Rita chasing them from Beaumont, Texas where they had evacuated. They are also dealing with her husband's health problems.
I'm so excited about seeing my cousin. I feel so disconnected from family members in New Orleans and I'm excited about an opportunity to reconnect. It's a real answer to prayer.
This weekend also happens to be a big gymnastics meet weekend at my daughter's gym. Team parents are required to work at the meet. The requirement is two sessions and setup or tear-down. And Aimee is competing in the meet on Sunday. It's her first meet as a "level 5" and we weren't sure if she'd be ready in time for the meet today but she got the go ahead from the head coach last night. So it's a busy weekend. Quantum physics will have to wait. But through it all God's hand is on us and both the dinner tonight and the competition are anwers to prayer. Now I have to get back to cooking and cleaning....

No comments: