Sunday, April 16, 2006

He is Risen



Here's a picture of a pretty flower from our backyard. Chuck took it today.


Happy Easter!

I was thinking about some resurrection-themed hymns that we used to sing when I was a teenager. I can't remember all the words, but here are some of them:

He arose! He Arose! Hallelujah Christ Arose!
He arose a victor from the dark domain
and He lives forever with His saints to reign.

(I can't remember any more of the words, but here's another one.)

He Lives

I serve a risen saviour, He's in the world today
I know that He is risen whatever men may say
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
and just the time I need Him, He's always near.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today.

(that's all I can must of that one too.)
Sometimes Chuck and I will have a contest to see who can remember the most words to some of the old hymns we used to sing. I'll have to see if he remembers any more of them.

No comments: