Monday, January 15, 2007

Answered Prayer

When I started this blog over a year ago, one of the goals I had was to reconnect and stay connected with friends and family across the country and world. I’m very thankful that I’m now in touch with my cousin Judy, who lives in Baton Rouge, by email and through this blog.

About a week ago I received an email from a dear old friend named Patty. I haven’t seen or heard from her in I don’t know how long, probably twenty years or so. Patty and I were missionaries together in Alabama in 1979. She was the best thing going for me in what was quite possibly the worst year of my life, the year that my mother died.

It was really a thrill to hear from her. She apparently googled me and found me on my previous employer’s website and then my blog. It’s working! Patty, let’s stay in touch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karie,
I had no idea I was of such memorable help for you during that year. Since the late 70's, my dad died suddenly in 1984 and my ex (of about seven months) was killed in a fall in 1996. Now his grandmother died of natural causes just last week. I was there for my (ex)sister-in-law, as much as I could.
Thanks for the photo of you and your beautiful family!
Yes, I believe we will not lose touch again.
God bless you Karie,
Patty