Saturday, January 13, 2007

SAG Awards

I'm very proud that both of my children are members of the Screen Actors Guild. As members, they are entitled to vote for the SAG Awards recipients. They recently received their ballots to vote for the awards. I also discovered that they were eligible to RSVP to request an invitation to purchase tickets to attend the awards show. I'm not sure, but I think they missed the deadline to RSVP for the ticket lottery. Let's see $1200 for two tickets... Here is the info from the SAG website for purchasing tickets.

Tickets are not available to the general public, and are by invitation only.Tickets are $600 each. If you are an active paid-up SAG member and would like to request an invitation to purchase tickets, please complete the online form below. Invitations will be mailed in December. Due to the limited seating in our venue, we will place all returned RSVPs into a drawing that will be held in January. Members drawn will be notified. Members not drawn will receive a refund. There is a limit of two tickets per member.

The Screen Actors Guild award show will be shown live on TBS and TNT on Saturday, Jan. 28, 1007. I think I'll wait until I get an invitation to the Academy Awards.

3 comments:

Muley said...

Have your kids been in any TV shows or movies I would have heard about?

Karie said...

No, just commercials and some student films. They're both pursuing other interests right now.

Donna said...

That's why I'm happy to be a member of WGA. Nobody cares enough about who writes the stuff to televise the awards show :)